The Ever-Growing Collection Tracker

Got a project? A patreon? A kickstarter? A twitch stream?
Find your audience here!
Trenicion
Chatter

The Ever-Growing Collection Tracker

Post by Trenicion »

This isnt a finish project, but more something I want to build some interest around ... Its been a work in progress since 2016 and I plan to get it done regardless of the development hell that its been in ... Ill remove if this isnt allowed ... and I may add more details to this thread as more is done .. just so i can gauge interest or suggestions.

Basically ... the app is an all around collection tracking app that is being made because Im tired of having 40 different apps to keep track of what I have and most of these apps not even having the right items ... so I spent years researching and building databases for the collections that I've been using for myself and then decided .. heyyyy I should share this ... so .. here we gooo

Name: Collectathon
Dev: Feathera (the dev team that is working on it ... not a business yet :3)

Features:
1. Not only will the app track your collection, but it will have "Help" features that can teach you, in plain language, how to identify and for some items, get rid of the need for scammy grading services (looking at you WATA)... Example: let's say you're a noob at coin collecting and you got an item from a family member. You can select the item and it will take you through our "wear guide" where you can see what features of your item is visible or worn which will then help you grade your own item to see if its something like an MS66 or an F15. There will also be general fake detection guides so you can authenticate your item.

2. Badges .. lots of them ... If you like collecting things out of the app... why not get the app and collect our badges which range from just simply .. having an item to participating in events that we plan on holding off-app.

3. Export feature ... if for some reason you decided that this app isnt for you .. you can export your collection to PDF or Spreadsheet so that you can print it out for a physical copy .. or export to another tracker.

4. Accuracy ... all of the information in the app is researched extensively with help from a bunch of people ... we strive to make sure that you are well informed .. but if we are wrong on something ... there will be a submit correction form that will be looked over ... as well as there being a "submit addition" form.

5. For items that werent a thing released at a store or created uniformly like .. fossils, gems, and stones .. etc ... there are tracking features for that too where you can add type, what it is, weight and measurements etc ... if you dont know ... send us a pic .. we can help ...

6. Including a large number of collections ... including really oddly specific and niche ones .. including: Vacuum Cleaners, Irons, Barbershop Equipment, and Quackery Medical Devices

All in all ... the app is for collectors ... and we want it to basically be like having a professional in your pocket.

This app is designed and researched by Me ... Coded by a friend who goes by Wiz, Alpha testing done by CodiTiger, Database created by all of the above + inquiries to institutions and museums, most notably the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum and the Grand Rapids Public Museum.
Bearglyph
Site Admin
Bio:: I made chillboards, and also this cool webcomic called Crosslink
Discord:: bearglyph

Re: The Ever-Growing Collection Tracker

Post by Bearglyph »

I think this is a really cool idea! Do you have anyone helping with the graphic design or programming yet?
Trenicion
Chatter

Re: The Ever-Growing Collection Tracker

Post by Trenicion »

Bearglyph wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:21 pm I think this is a really cool idea! Do you have anyone helping with the graphic design or programming yet?
so far it's just me with the graphic design and making the assets and photos and stuff ... and Wiz is the only programmer as of now ... since both of us have day jobs is the reason its taken so long